Practical Power System Protection L.G. Hewitson
Practical Power System Protection (Practical Professional Books) 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
by Leslie Hewitson (Author), Mark Brown (Author), Ramesh Balakrishnan (Author)
Print Length: 288 pages
Publisher: Newnes; 1 edition (December 11, 2004)
Publication Date: December 11, 2004
Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
Plant operators, electricians, field technicians and engineers will gain a practical understanding of the role and workings of power system protection systems from this work. An understanding of power systems and their optimized management will increase plant efficiency and performance as well as increasing safety levels. This book provides both the underpinning knowledge and basic calculations needed to understand, specify, use and maintain power protection systems, and the practical techniques required on a daily basis.
After studying this book you will have an excellent knowledge of the principles of protection. You will also have a better understanding of the possible problems likely to arise in day-to-day work with power protection systems.
Key areas of knowledge and expertise developed will include:
* Fundamentals of electrical power protection and applications
* Different fault types
* Perform simple fault and design calculations
* Practical knowledge of protection system components
* Apply relay settings
* Improve the safety of your site with the knowledge gained
* Increase plant efficiency, performance and safety levels by developing your understanding of power system protection
* Gain a practical knowledge of the engineering challenges of power system protection: fault types, component types, relay settings, etc.
* Coverage includes both the fundamentals and the basic fault and design calculations needed to specify, use and maintain power protection systems
“... provides engineers, field technicians, electricians, and plant operators a better understanding of power system protection systems, and as such could be used for company onsite training as well as individual learning ... it is an outstanding resource for obtaining a quick overview of the basic fundamentals of protection systems commonly used in mainly low and medium voltage power systems.”
― IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, 2006
From the Back Cover
- Increase plant efficiency, performance and safety levels by developing your understanding of power system protection
- Gain a practical knowledge of the engineering challenges of power system protection: fault types, component types, relay settings, etc.
- Coverage includes both the fundamentals and the basic fault and design calculations needed to specify, use and maintain power protection systems
About the Author
Mark is an Australian Physiotherapy Association titled Sport Physiotherapist, a Fellow of the Australian Sports Medicine Federation, and also a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management.
He is currently the Executive Officer of the Sports Medicine Australia Queensland Branch, and also holds adjunct academic positions as Associate Professor in the Griffith Health Institute at Griffith University and Assistant Professor of Physiotherapy in the School of Health Sciences and Medicine at Bond University.
His previous positions include the Executive Director of the Australian Physiotherapy Association New South Wales Branch and the Director of Physiotherapy for the Sydney 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Mark’s international sports event experience as a Sports Physiotherapist also includes the Athens 2004 Olympic Games, the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games and the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, as well as numerous other national and international events.