by L.G. Hewitson, Mark Brown & Ramesh Balakrishnan"Practical Power System Protection"
Newnes | ISBN: 0750663979 | 2004. | 289 p. | RARed | PDF 6.32MB
Plant operators, electricians, field technicians and engineers will gain a practical understanding of the role and workings of power system protection systems from this work. An understanding of power systems and their optimized management will increase plant efficiency and performance as well as increasing safety levels. This book provides both the underpinning knowledge and basic calculations needed to understand, specify, use and maintain power protection systems, and the practical techniques required on a daily basis...
After studying this book you will have an excellent knowledge of the principles of protection. You will also have a better understanding of the possible problems likely to arise in day-to-day work with power protection systems.
Key areas of knowledge and expertise developed will include:
* Fundamentals of electrical power protection and applications
* Different fault types
* Perform simple fault and design calculations
* Practical knowledge of protection system components
* Apply relay settings
* Improve the safety of your site with the knowledge gained
* Increase plant efficiency, performance and safety levels by developing your understanding of power system protection
* Gain a practical knowledge of the engineering challenges of power system protection: fault types, component types, relay settings, etc.
* Coverage includes both the fundamentals and the basic fault and design calculations needed to specify, use and maintain power protection systems